A Shocking Cookie (Pilsbury Revenge)

Shopping at the grocery store, my son spotted Pilsbury Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Him: Get those!
Me: Lets check the ingredients.
(Reading from the label) Eggs, Milk, Walnuts, Tree Nuts.
Him: I'm allergic to that!
Me: yah.
Him: Can you make me some?
Me: Sure. (Me, Thinking: What? I can't make Chocolate Chip cookies! From scratch? Without eggs or milk?? Or, wait... I miss chocolate chip cookies. I want some too. Yummm, warm chocolate chip cookies...)

I took my favorite vegan gingerbread cookie recipe, used corn syrup instead of molasses and Enjoy Life chocolate chips instead of gingerbread spices. I also added a teaspoon of vanilla.

I AM STILL IN SHOCK that it worked!

Here's a few tips:

1. Mix the wet ingredients in one bowl (Canola oil, sugar, corn syrup, soy milk & vanilla)

2. Use a mesh strainer over a bowl to sift the dry ingredients together (flour, salt, baking soda & baking powder).

3. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mix them up & add the chocolate chips last.

4. Spray/rub your hands with canola oil before shaping the dough into discs on a cookie sheet. It will be a little sticky. Maybe you could chill the recipe in the fridge to firm it up? But, we wanted it ASAP.

5. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until they're browned.

P.S. I used a mini-muffin pan, but NEXT time I'll use a cookie sheet (like, tomorrow) because my son pointed out that they weren't EXACTLY like the ones he saw, and I'm up for the challenge.

Here's a link to original gingerbread cookies & ALL the ingredient measurements.